Banhammer Forums

The New Phoenix Rocket Launcher

Roamin

• 6 months later...

I spent a while with it on the VR range just now. I'm pretty disappointed by it. The 'steerability' is virtually nonexistant. Yes, you can fire it around a corner at a very distant target and get the angle... but if you're trying to hit a tank that's less than a few hundred meters away from the doorway you're firing through, you're just not going to get enough curve to do it. Launching vertically and coming down on your target from above? Yeah, that doesn't happen at all.

It also seems to have no clipping for infantry units. You can't hit infantry at all. Passes right through them. That might just be a bug. The splash range is less than a meter, and the damage leaves much to be desired. The reload rate makes it almost a laughable weapon, imho.

Khaz its fixed now. The camera and steerability kicks in almost immediately right out of the launcher giving it much more control. The damage has also been upped. I find that strafing Magriders can no longer just side-step away now....and hovering rocket spamming ESF's....GET THE F**K OUT OF MY YARD !!!

"All servers will come down at 6:00 AM PT (2:00 PM CET) for a brief update to address a few outstanding technical issues. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately 2 hours. Players may note the following changes:

•Phoenix rocket effects will show at a longer range.

•Phoenix damage has been adjusted in the following way:◦Increased damage against all vehicles.

â—¦Reduced damage against infantry."

Even more upped damage...

TEAM ODIN...F**K YEA !!!

Yep, I was about to post disregard, but yeah it's functional. I had redeemed a walmart card a week or two ago to pick up a package deal... I kind of regret it now. But that's why I had another walmart card in hiding, and picked up a few of the FreeRealms cards while I was up there today. :)

So now I've got like $140 worth of SC for the cost of about $60. :D

For folks in the US who don't know about the cards, head to your local Wal-Mart and look in the electronics section for the game cards display. If you pick up a Planetside 2 game card, they cost $15 but it should have a little thing saying Wal-Mart special, get an extra 500 SC... so in effect you're getting $20 of SC for $15. If they don't have those, look for the FreeRealms cards that cost $10 but come with an extra 200 SC. It's not as much free SC, but it's still free SC on a double SC weekend. :D

found the answer in another post just in case anyone is looking here.

Just to quickly answer here so nobody's confuzzed...

It's a Planetside 2 card, it has the standard PS2 collage of the 3 different factions infantry and the aircraft and such in the background, but it has a small (about 1"x 1") white square saying something along the lines of "Wal-Mart Special" and how you get an extra 500 SC. They look very similar to the standard PS2 cards, except for that little white square with the Wal-Mart logo.

You get it upon redeeming the card, you don't have to do anything special, it's automatic. Too easy!

Hooah sarge! :))

It's worth noting that there seems to be a second kind of extra SC card floating around. My wife picked a few up for me for our anniversary the other day, these just say "SOE GAME CARD" on the first line and "1500 STATION CASH" on the second line. It has a few images of various SOE games (clone wars, freerealms, EQII, etc) and the small white square that talks about the extra 500 SC. So look for those too.