Banhammer Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FleshEatingZipper

‘Independence Day’ Sequels Are Exactly What The World Needs

I think we would be completly screwed over if an alien race wanted to invade.

Look, I really don't think aliens would fly 90 billion light years to come down here and start a fight, get all rowdy.

I really wanted to see the after effects of the battle knowing that their would be surviving invaders and I felt that strategically speaking it was likely the first ship was the vanguard of a larger force sent to soften up the earth and establish a beach head.

Possible, but considering the size of the armies that were gathering in the mothership, it doesn't look like they would've needed much of an effort to topple humanity with that fleet alone.

That's certainly possible, but maybe they've passed into a window where they can do it again? Like it didn't make sense to do it ten years ago, but now it does?

Apparently, and this may change, but Emmerich says that the new aliens are affected by time dilation. So, the mothership instantly sent out an SOS when it was blown up and the new aliens responded within minutes, but it took twenty years to do so because of space-time and all that nonsense.