Banhammer Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FleshEatingZipper

Verizon, HTC, Will You Please Stop Screwing Me And My Thunderbolt?

I'm actually pretty happy that Verizon's 4.2.2 update for my GNex actually made things better, but I'm still aching for a new phone...

I'll be leaving Verizon in August for multiple reasons, one of them being how they cripple Android Devices. Google Wallet for example was great, well to bad verizon doesnt like it and forced it off of the Galaxy Nexus. Not only that, all the forced bloatware they associate with it unless you use a custom rom. Nothing pissed me off more than on all of my android devices is seeing something like the "Backup Assistant" or "My VZW" running aimlessly in the processes when I never even used them. The fact that if I upgrade my phone and renew my contract and pay a subsidized price that I lose my unlimited plan was the final nail in the coffin. While I get the advantages of buying a phone outright, I like being able to pay the subsidized price and don't want to pay 600+ dollars to keep my unlimted plan every time I want to upgrade.

Oh Keith, you jerk! lol

I wouldn't go back to Sprint if you paid me. Their lack of LTE and severe lack of phone selection is why I moved away in the first place, unlimited data be damned.