Banhammer Forums

Boston Marathon Explosions

BraddersTheDog

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A violation of your rights is a violation of your rights, whether or not it’s for one or two days you’re still being violated and has everything to do with how our government has been handling situations like this. A couple months ago some cop in la killed a couple people because he got fired from his job. A massive man hunt ensued with house to house searches just to find one guy. Now we have the same thing that happened with Boston. I guess its ok to have complete strangers ran sack your house in the name of your safety. Would you guys be ok with a bunch of dudes running through the house you share with your wife, mom, and sister or whatever family you may live with? The next time something bad happens were all going to have the exact same conversation. This may have nothing to do with that or that may have nothing to do with this. I guess what you see depends on what angle your looking from.

Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

A violation of your rights is a violation of your rights, whether or not it’s for one or two days you’re still being violated and has everything to do with how our government has been handling situations like this. A couple months ago some cop in la killed a couple people because he got fired from his job. A massive man hunt ensued with house to house searches just to find one guy. Now we have the same thing that happened with Boston. I guess its ok to have complete strangers ran sack your house in the name of your safety. Would you guys be ok with a bunch of dudes running through the house you share with your wife, mom, and sister or whatever family you may live with? The next time something bad happens were all going to have the exact same conversation. This may have nothing to do with that or that may have nothing to do with this. I guess what you see depends on what angle your looking from.

I see your concern but were the police demanding to search properties or simply asking?

Also, for what it's worth, if there was a man responsible for an act of terror loose in my neighbourhood and the police wanted to search my house I'd have absolutely no problem with it. It's not like they're going snooping through your knicker drawers, they're looking for a person and if it helps them positively sweep an area then I'd have no problem with it. All this talk of rights; rights are there to protect people, but so are the police. I fail to see why, in this situation, anybody would have a problem assisting them in their investigation.

I see your concern but were the police demanding to search properties or simply asking?

Also, for what it's worth, if there was a man responsible for an act of terror loose in my neighbourhood and the police wanted to search my house I'd have absolutely no problem with it. It's not like they're going snooping through your knicker drawers, they're looking for a person and if it helps them positively sweep an area then I'd have no problem with it. All this talk of rights; rights are there to protect people, but so are the police. I fail to see why, in this situation, anybody would have a problem assisting them in their investigation.

I don’t know if they were asking or demanding. Considering the show of force they had I'm thinking it was a mandatory search. All our views of what are rights are and what the police are here for will depend on our social, cultural back and economic background. If someone gets kidnapped in your neighborhood would you want people going through your house? If there’s a gang shoot out in your neighborhood would you want people going through your house? If your neighbor gets something stolen would you want them going through your stuff? Where are we supposed to feel safe if we can’t feel safe in our homes? If your boss wants you to bend over backwards because it’ll make their job easier would you do it What if you were making love to your significant others and a bunch of people come bursting through the doors screaming they are doing a house to house search? I don’t know about you guys but I’ve been harassed by law enforcement for no reason. A couple of years ago I was pulled over and thrown onto the top of a cops hood. I asked him why you were doing this and he said you’re driving a Honda. With me being Asian what am I supposed to think? Am I supposed to think this sort of behavior is ok because he was looking for a dangerous Asian person driving a Honda? No offense to anyone on here but I don’t need the police to protect me. The police can’t protect anyone from everyone. ? I don’t have a problem with them doing their investigation just the way they are doing it.

Can someone within the law enforcement commuinty on here clarify the procedures on conducting house to house searches during emergency situations? If its an emergency do you give people the option to stay or go? Do you guys give people the option to let you search thier house or not? Is there different procedures for different emergencys?

If someone has a gun in your face and asks you for permission do you say no or yes? I'm reading conflicting things about it being voluntary or being forced. Someone please clarify.

I found some links

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/04/19/177938697/what-it-looked-like-from-inside-bostons-lockdown

http://www.infowars.com/police-state-lockdown-in-boston/

heres a video of a search going on

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2be_1366536241

Our rights can only be taken away in a court of law or with some sort of due process. With the searches going on and no due process happening. This is a violation of the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 13th and 14th amendments.

Surely the rights are only violated if the searches are forced. I don't know how it works over there, but over here consensual house searches don't violate anybody's rights.

And this is a fairly unique situation, all this talk of cops busting down doors to look for stolen property is a bit far fetched considering the two situations are completely different. This is police searching houses for a known armed and dangerous terrorist who's on the loose after having a shootout with them, in which grenades were used. Shit, I'd do anything I could to help them find the crazy fucker.

They are still searching regardless of what it is they are looking for. Just because the reasons change doesn’t make it any different then what they were doing before. They’re still searching for something. As outlined in the constitution you need a warrant to search and some probable cause. We have rights and those things can’t be taken away regardless of the situation unless you have been through a court of law and stripped of your rights. It doesn’t look like a consensual search on the video. What do you say to someone that has a gun in your face? Earlier this year an ex southern California police officer named Chris Dorner went on a rampage and started killing people. He went on the run for a couple days. House to house searches were conducted until he was found. Whether it is a terrorist attack or natural disaster they are still rampaging people’s houses. You can’t put someone at gun point and say it was consensual.

They are still searching regardless of what it is they are looking for. Just because the reasons change doesn’t make it any different then what they were doing before. They’re still searching for something. As outlined in the constitution you need a warrant to search and some probable cause. We have rights and those things can’t be taken away regardless of the situation unless you have been through a court of law and stripped of your rights. It doesn’t look like a consensual search on the video. What do you say to someone that has a gun in your face? Earlier this year an ex southern California police officer named Chris Dorner went on a rampage and started killing people. He went on the run for a couple days. House to house searches were conducted until he was found. Whether it is a terrorist attack or natural disaster they are still rampaging people’s houses. You can’t put someone at gun point and say it was consensual.

Doesn't every cop in America have a gun? Just because the officers have guns, doesn't mean they're putting people at gun point. Anyway, we'll wait and see if any of the residents felt their rights were infringed upon, because right now, you seem more concerned than they do and they're the ones who had their houses searched.

I guess none of yall had your house ransacked before. It was happening in Boston its right on the video. Imagine saying no to them people telling you to step away from the window or to put your hands up. If an officer tells you those things hes not asking you, therefore its not consensual. Have you guys seen the video? If you watch it youll see that they are at gun point. I'm concerned because like them I'm an american citizen just because they were searched doesnt mean you cant be searched either. What if theres an emergency your house can be searched and you and your family can be forced out of your houses. I guess its ok if its for your safety.