Banhammer Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FleshEatingZipper

New ‘Gears Of War’, ‘God Of War’ Sequels Sell Poorly, Highlight Lame Duck Year In Console Gaming

The GoW IP was done the moment they released the 3rd installment, I believe. ;) I'm waiting to see what they come up with next. These tech demo's show some creativity in them, and I'd like to see them expand to something other than oversized man-children in power armor shooting aliens.

Just my thoughts of course, you already know what I think they should do with the next Unreal Tournament

Maybe it's because both of these IPs are relics of a time come and gone. Just like I want to keep loving Halo as an IP but the games just don't keep up with the zeitgeist. Nobody really wants this stuff anymore. Now if only the CoD games would get this kind of genre fatigue, we'd be in business.

For Gears, I think there just wasn't enough "different" to make people spend another $60.

With the previous ones, we were completing the story arc.

And let's be honest. The Gears story isn't all that strong.

So to start another story, I'd need more incentive.

When I saw the promos, it felt like DLC to me as opposed to a new game.

I was kinda done with Gears after the first game. They sent the second game to me FOR FREE and I didn't rip the package open until a good six months or so later. I haven't even played the third game.

Their pitch seemed pretty cool at E3, though. I'm curious if, after all these creatives have left the company, Epic will be able to produce the same games again.