Banhammer Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orzene

Would AR (Augmented Reality) tech be better as an implant, or a wearable accessory?

I played a rpg called CyberPunk I think it was a GURPS game. One of my faves.

The GURPS version of Cyberpunk was a pale shadow of its former glory.

If you never playced original Cyberpunk or Cyberpunk 2020 then you never played Cyberpunk at all. I fucking loved that game. Still do. Every couple of years I convince my buddies and dig out all my old CP2020 rulebooks and have a good campaign. Fucking phenomenal game.

Would you like to have surgery every two or three years to stay on the bleeding edge of implantware? I thought about wireless transmitters in the back of the eye, but that stuff's changing all the time. Do you want doctors in your EYE all the time?

Would you like to have surgery every two or three years to stay on the bleeding edge of implantware? I thought about wireless transmitters in the back of the eye, but that stuff's changing all the time. Do you want doctors in your EYE all the time?

Judging by Ape's previous comment, I think having a doctor 'inside him' would be considered a bonus.

Here's the issue with physical impants... Updates. Imagine you get the Samsung Galaxy Oculus 4.0, and you love it and have it implanted for the $1000 plus cost and have it for the three months it takes Samsung to come out with the Samsung Galaxy Oculus 5.0 + Infrared... You are going to be pissed, because now you need a $1500 surgury ($500 to remove the 4.0, 1000 to put in the 5.0) plus however much the thing costs....

Also at a certain point your body gets sick of being scalpeled.

I agree but what if you didn't have to get surgery after the main implantation. Once you buy it, it constantly updates and if you want to upgrade to a new system instead of replacing the hardware it replaces the software. I mean you will still have to pay for the upgrade but you wouldn't need surgery every time.

Here's the issue with physical impants... Updates. Imagine you get the Samsung Galaxy Oculus 4.0, and you love it and have it implanted for the $1000 plus cost and have it for the three months it takes Samsung to come out with the Samsung Galaxy Oculus 5.0 + Infrared... You are going to be pissed, because now you need a $1500 surgury ($500 to remove the 4.0, 1000 to put in the 5.0) plus however much the thing costs....

Also at a certain point your body gets sick of being scalpeled.

I agree but what if you didn't have to get surgery after the main implantation. Once you buy it, it constantly updates and if you want to upgrade to a new system instead of replacing the hardware it replaces the software. I mean you will still have to pay for the upgrade but you wouldn't need surgery every time.

But I wanna go under the knife.

I played a rpg called CyberPunk I think it was a GURPS game. One of my faves.

The GURPS version of Cyberpunk was a pale shadow of its former glory.

If you never playced original Cyberpunk or Cyberpunk 2020 then you never played Cyberpunk at all. I fucking loved that game. Still do. Every couple of years I convince my buddies and dig out all my old CP2020 rulebooks and have a good campaign. Fucking phenomenal game.

@11Bulletstopper I could not remember, until now, for certain which version and it was the original Cyberpunk that I played. I played a Solo so I never did any hacking I just shot shit.

lol!

I'm not afraid of going under the knife, just not repeatedly. That's just gonna mess something up long-term. I need this body to last that long!