Banhammer Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orzene

Would AR (Augmented Reality) tech be better as an implant, or a wearable accessory?

We watched them all about fifteen years ago. The story actually makes a lot of sense, even though they were making it all up as they went along, but man those things got weird.

Hey... where can I find Spider?

Really though, look at the trends in cost for completely new to market hardware and then think about how outlandish the costs would be to be an early adopter. Not to mention that you would have to deal with rejection issues in the physical sense as well as the possibilities of companies taking the easier route of subsidizing and contracts to basically assure themselves a customer base. This would bring in things that are already annoyances, like advertising at all hours. And again I think it bears repeating that there are the basic safety concerns that would arise because let's face it, people suck at multitasking.

Hey... where can I find Spider?

Really though, look at the trends in cost for completely new to market hardware and then think about how outlandish the costs would be to be an early adopter. Not to mention that you would have to deal with rejection issues in the physical sense as well as the possibilities of companies taking the easier route of subsidizing and contracts to basically assure themselves a customer base. This would bring in things that are already annoyances, like advertising at all hours. And again I think it bears repeating that there are the basic safety concerns that would arise because let's face it, people suck at multitasking.

*hears Terminator theme music in head*

No, I'm still willing to give it a go.

Great video Bradders. I'll admit though that nanotech still rather scares the hell out of me. Most likely because of all the cyberpunk ideas I grew up being exposed to. With anything that has great potential to do good, there is an equal potential for evil. Also, if you work the ideal out to it's logical and potentially absurd conclusion, it doesn't leave much room for anything that could be called true humanity to exist any longer.

Just something to think about.

I'd buy Google Glass on Day One if I had the $.

I watched you play "Deus Ex: Human Revolution", what is going to stop them from putting a kill switch in that kind of tech? You would be one of the millions who die from the implants. None for me thanks.