Banhammer Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FleshEatingZipper

‘Defiance’ MMO Not Faring Well As Trion Worlds Unveils Low Gamer Turnout

I agreed until Avengers. Hated that movie.

What?!

I don't know how you can look at yourself in the mirror each morning with such pure evil staring right back at you.

Because that's what it takes to hate The Avengers movie. Pure evil.

Ok, so I watched the pilot and I enjoyed it enough to keep watching it. But it would be much better if Joss Whedon were writing the script.

Agreed.

...and if the main protagonist was played by Nathan Filion.

...and the prostitute by Morena Baccarin.

...and the daughter played by Summer Glau.

...and... well, you get the idea. LoL

What?!

Rote first act where they introduce everyone, character by character. Boring middle act where they argue with each other on that boring-ass carrier. Meaningless and bloated, action-oriented last act where they combat an unearned enemy.

Meh.

What?!

Rote first act where they introduce everyone, character by character. Boring middle act where they argue with each other on that boring-ass carrier. Meaningless and bloated, action-oriented last act where they combat an unearned enemy.

Meh.

Exactly what I'd expect someone evil to say.

I'm with @CitizenKate here. I've been enjoying the hell out of Defiance since it's release. The biggest issue I've encountered really is that there does seem to be a low population on the PC side of the house...which combined with the fact that there really is no social hub to allow players to congregate and chat with each other...it's only an MMO by technicality.

My biggest fear for this game is that once I complete all of the side and story missions...what will the end game be like? Because right now unless something changes conceptually for the end game, here is how I think it will go down:

You do your weekly Episodic missions that Trion will patch in weekly to coincide with the show.

You farm instances, major and minor arkfall events for keycodes to use in purchasing Tier 4 (top tier) lockboxes that have a higher chance to drop epic and legendary weapons, defense mechanisms and mods.

Repeat.

That's really it. I even do this now already when I get the resources close to a Tier 4 lockbox, I farm the remaining resources and buy one. Since all of the loot is pretty much like Borderlands loot in the sense that it's random drop from pretty much anything and the attributes are randomized...you'll just farm and farm and farm Diablo 2/3 style in hopes for better drops that you can use.

And since there is no in-game auction mechanic, the only option would be to utilize an already underutilized chat system to try and find a buyer for your items that you don't need and hope to find a seller for something you do.

But even with this...I still play it. It's a lot of fun for a TPS. One thing I really REALLY dig about this game is actually what a lot of people seem to hit on it. About how "stupid" the AI is. The minion type mobs in this game are fairly stupid. They do basic tactics and jump around, but for the most part that's it. The "boss" mobs in this game...they don't miss. That and a majority of their body makes you only do like 10% damage. You have to find "that spot"...all the while they're dropping grenades and rockets on your face.

But what's REALLY fun that I just found out the other night. Some of these boss mobs have weaknesses that are not openly advertised like other mobs. The hellbugs usually have glowing sections under thier chitin that you do massive damage to...so that's obvious. But the other day I was fighting a cyborg who used rocket launchers and most people hit his fuel tanks to do massive damage until he goes down on his knees momentarily and they keep shooting his fuel tanks because that *seems* to be his only weakspot as he's completely armored otherwise.

Yet the other day I found that when he goes down on his knees, there is actually some exposed neck in between the armor plates that you can only see when they're kneeling. So I hit it with a sniper round and did like 5 times the damage you would normally do to one of the tanks. So even now I'm wondering what sort of other weak spots are on these mobs that are not openly known because they're not as overt as the glowing chitin.

Anyway, I'll stop now and just drop a link to my twitch channel of me fightin' some bugs n' stuff. In fact this video actually shows me taking on a rocket launcher guy and you can see exactly what I talked about above.

http://www.twitch.tv/onekillquota/c/2187257