Banhammer Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Videodrome

Looking for Portable Shared HotSpot

My parents are looking for a portable Wifi hotspot service. Basically an Access Point that would connect to their AT&T service that would hook the internet and provide Wifi to their devices like my mom's Ipad while traveling. I'm helping them shop for said device so I thought I'd see if you guys have recommendations on what to look for.

I'm probably just going to look up the typical wireless Specs on wireless devices we have and confirm everything is compatible. Or find out how many devices it can handle and what kind of load. Can it handle Netflix. That kind of thing.

Even if you guys think of good questions for me to pester the clerk with that might help.

We have BT Openzone over here which has like several million wifi hotspot zones throughout the UK, but they just hook up to whichever wireless device you're using. Are you talking about a specific device used as a go between between wireless devices and the wifi network? Like a mobile wifi signal provider?

Unlocked android phone has that natively. Slap in your sim card from your AT&T phone and your rockin' without the extra service fees. Downside; buying the unlocked android phone for $500US.