Banhammer Forums

Who Wins – Xbox One Controller vs PS4 Controller, Fight

• 1 year later...

Depends really on the D-pad. I think the XBox wins for Shooters or Flight games using the joystick. However, I always felt the Playstation D-pad responded better for fighting games.

For most advanced fighters like TEKKEN I think the Playstation wins. I used to play as King and would put joint snapping wrestling moves on opponents and I'd have a harder time doing that with an XBox controller. I think a better D-Pad might even help with SoulCalibur or Marvel Vs. Capcom.

Now this is based on my experience with the 360 D-Pad. Maybe the Xbox One will improve it.

Depends really on the D-pad. I think the XBox wins for Shooters or Flight games using the joystick. However, I always felt the Playstation D-pad responded better for fighting games.

For most advanced fighters like TEKKEN I think the Playstation wins. I used to play as King and would put joint snapping wrestling moves on opponents and I'd have a harder time doing that with an XBox controller. I think a better D-Pad might even help with SoulCalibur or Marvel Vs. Capcom.

Now this is based on my experience with the 360 D-Pad. Maybe the Xbox One will improve it.

I agree actually. The d pad on the PS pad has always felt better, I think due to its positioning. But the xbox pad wins hands down for me.

The new Dual Shock 4 is much improved - it's bigger and heftier and has wider set sticks - but I didn't think it was better than the Xbox controller.

My biggest gripe is that the DS4 still doesn't have real triggers. The pseudo-triggers are more curved now (and super wide), but they feel like weirdly shaped buttons and not triggers.

And I'm with Galahir950 - I prefer the offset stick configuration on the Xbox controller.

How does the Ds4 not have triggers? The back buttons are analog that can be pushed in with varying degrees? is that not a trigger? They're TRIGGERS! stfu about it already, you morons. Also, this site has apes for writers. Grammatically awful garbage.

Pew pew! *reload* Pew pew pew!

How does the Ds4 not have triggers? The back buttons are analog that can be pushed in with varying degrees? is that not a trigger? They're TRIGGERS! stfu about it already, you morons. Also, this site has apes for writers. Grammatically awful garbage.

A wild fanboy appears!

Fanboy is confused!

Fanboy hurt itself in confusion!

I like how you decided to sign up and upload an avatar before making a single abusive comment.

8-}

I look forward to trying out the new controller design (DS4). I honestly never liked the original config for the xbox controller. It was just not very comfortable to me. I did like the 360 setup pretty well, but the aftermarket "S" type (I think it was called) controllers were the best of the bunch from what I experienced. I do prefer the level analogs as opposed to the offset ones though. I suppose I should have prefaced this statement by saying that I own Sony consoles, however I didn't feel that it mattered when discussing the controllers themselves and the differences between them, as I have played with both on their respective consoles this generation.

I've always hated level joysticks because then the rest of the controller feels like an option, rather than something necessary. That and DS1-3 sticks were always close together, so it was very possible to ram thumbs. Not anymore.

There's just something about those offset analog sticks..it just feels so damn right.

I agree but I wasn't bothered by or noticed that they weren't offset on the DS4.

That's because you're a PS4 fanboy!