Banhammer Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FleshEatingZipper

‘Planetary Annihilation’, Or Should I Say “Monetary Annihilation”?

yes and only 1600 gamers.

Imagine what they could have done if their price was, saaay...$40 and the other billion gamers out there saw a game that wouldn't cost $90.

Just sayin.

I'm don't know if it signals the inevitable price gain of standard new releases. The majority seemed to come in at the ground-level prices, with 5000 paying $15, and almost 20000 pledging $20.

They do have some gull asking for a release price of $89.99 for a piece of entertainment software, which is outright ludicrous, especially without additional rewards, or something like what Steel Battalion had when it first came out.

yes and only 1600 gamers.

Imagine what they could have done if their price was, saaay...$40 and the other billion gamers out there saw a game that wouldn't cost $90.

Just sayin.

I don't think they lost any sleep considering how many bajillions of dollars they made.

Over 8,000 people contributed $90 or more to the kickstarter, offering early alpha access to the game for less than that make not make fiscal sense but it does maintain credibility with ones current supporters. Their price was stated to be that high for that very reason. Early beta access was included with the $40 tier so I would assume that it will drop as they move into beta. A copy of the game was included with the $20 tier which I guessing is their final shipped product price.

There is concern about rising prices of video game equipment and software, but this article is completely off in this specific case.

I had interest in this until they released it on steam with that big 80$ hanging on the lower left. Now I'm simply waiting until release before getting it when it's back to a normal price... if it survives long enough.