Banhammer Forums
wolvenfang

Can you spot it?

Reminds me of seeing rock fish scuba diving versus pictures. I grew up watching Jacques Cousteau and National Geographic Explorer. When they would film fish with natural camouflage they seemed fairly easy to see on TV. When I started scuba diving and saw them in real life I realized just how effective the camouflage was. I was 2 feet from a rock fish with another diver pointing straight at it and I still didn't see it until it moved. I bet you could walk right past this sniper and not even see him.

Reminds me of seeing rock fish scuba diving versus pictures. I grew up watching Jacques Cousteau and National Geographic Explorer. When they would film fish with natural camouflage they seemed fairly easy to see on TV. When I started scuba diving and saw them in real life I realized just how effective the camouflage was. I was 2 feet from a rock fish with another diver pointing straight at it and I still didn't see it until it moved. I bet you could walk right past this sniper and not even see him.

"Staying still is the best camo."

Took me less than five seconds.

Some tips that help identify targets in this setting:

Look for irregular shapes that don't mesh with the setting. The difference is minute, but there is a definite difference between that gentleman's camo and the surrounding rocks. Look for repetitive patterns, as well as straight lines (gun barrel)

I'm not certain that the image is real, however cool. There's a lava rock on the lower left that simply doesn't exist at that size, coupled with the small concrete chunks.

It did take me a minute to realize a miniature sniper was sitting in a pile of small rocks, though.

I'm not certain that the image is real, however cool. There's a lava rock on the lower left that simply doesn't exist at that size, coupled with the small concrete chunks.

It did take me a minute to realize a miniature sniper was sitting in a pile of small rocks, though.

Geology FTW.

I just realized that there's a pretty round stone in the bottom left conner, which if to scale to the sniper would have to be a good 3ft or more in diameter.

I suspect that the photo is real, but may have been touched up a bit, like blending of colors and softening of edges

There's a lava rock on the lower left, the rounded white/grey powedered looking rock. They're about 3-4" in diameter.

I saw the barrel almost immediately but it took me awhile to realize it was a gun barrel.

Also, I'd definitely say the photo has been retouched. Might be something as small as adjusted color range because the temperature of the photo is very forgiving to the camo. Either way I'm impressed.

There's a lava rock on the lower left, the rounded white/grey powedered looking rock. They're about 3-4" in diameter.

Are you talking about pumice? Because I've personally seen pumice stones that are larger then 3-4"