Banhammer Forums
wolvenfang

Can you spot it?

Pumice is amazing, from wikipedia:

Pumice is widely used to make lightweight concrete or insulative low-density cinder blocks. When used as an additive for cement, a fine-grained version of pumice called pozzolan is mixed with lime to form a light-weight, smooth, plaster-like concrete. This form of concrete was used as far back as Roman times. Roman engineers used it to build the huge dome of the Pantheon and as construction material for many aqueducts.

It is also used as an abrasive, especially in polishes, pencil erasers, cosmetic exfoliants, and the production of stone-washed jeans. "Pumice stones" are often used in beauty salons during the pedicure process to remove dry and excess skin from the bottom of the foot as well as calluses. It was also used in ancient Greek and Roman times to remove excess hair.[6] Finely ground pumice is added to some toothpastes and heavy-duty hand cleaners (such as Lava soap) as a mild abrasive. Pumice is also used as a growing substrate for growing horticultural crops. Some brands of chinchilla dust bath are made of powdered pumice.

What I've never agreed with on these 'photograph' tests is scale. When you're scanning an area you know roughly where it is in relationship to yourself (spatial awareness) and you can roughly estimate the size of enemy combatants in that area (known comparisons), but in these photographs you don't have any of that.

When I first looked at the photo, it looked like a pic of someone's rock garden, the large rock to the shooter's right (our left) looked like it was maybe a foot across. That's just what I guesstimated the scale to be. Therefor, because I was using an incorrect comparison with no known spatial awareness I had no idea what to be looking for. Only after I pushed myself back from the screen did I see anything.

That's one thing that these photo tests can never tell you. You might be looking at a photo of someone's face, zoomed way in, mixed into some foliage, or a whole body like what you see above.