Banhammer Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DevinGill

How Do you guys feel about Google Fiber.

And we know that Google has deep enough pockets to survive whatever the cable companies might throw at them. Google might be the devil, but cable companies are something far worse in my opinion, especially with the stuff they've been trying to pull on the whole net neutrality issue. Suck it, cable companies. I hope all of you die and make room for the independent providers you've been strong-arming and bending to your will or forcing out of business because they don't want to play your game.

And we know that Google has deep enough pockets to survive whatever the cable companies might throw at them. Google might be the devil, but cable companies are something far worse in my opinion, especially with the stuff they've been trying to pull on the whole net neutrality issue. Suck it, cable companies. I hope all of you die and make room for the independent providers you've been strong-arming and bending to your will or forcing out of business because they don't want to play your game.

Yes, this. Google is making a power play to drive the market prices down and also hopefully push toward an open internet. The problematic part of it is the fact that most cities have long-term contracts to let a particular cable company use the infrastructure.

On the note of privacy...I know Google already watches me pee...oddly, I'm ok with it.