Banhammer Forums

Games you haven't played in a while

N

As I've mentioned before, I picked up Skyrim, played it for two weekends, then dropped it to play Saints Row for months and months, never coming back. Maybe I've just been afraid to recommit to all the stuff I learned and have subsequently forgotten.

I bought StarCraft 2 two years ago with the intent of becoming really good at it, but that didn't happen, and when I got fired, I stopped wanting to play anything, then Minecraft took over.

Any other games guilting you into playing them, but you just can't hop back in?

• 1 year later...

I actually have this terrible habit where I make it through 90% of a game and then stop. Then I revisit it later when I have to spend a ton of time and energy to do so. I did it for two Deus Ex games, I did it with Fallout 3, even.

It's funny how people complain about short games, when in actuality no one ever finishes the long ones.

It used to be a huge deal for me, back when I had a ton of disposable time and money. I'd buy a new Facebook game a week, so I had a ton of games I was paying $50 for that were over before I got the next game, it was annoying as hell. Now that the tables have turned, I can't keep buying 60 hour games. I still don't want to pay $60 for a six hour game, though...

It's funny how people complain about short games, when in actuality no one ever finishes the long ones.

It used to be a huge deal for me, back when I had a ton of disposable time and money. I'd buy a new Facebook game a week, so I had a ton of games I was paying $50 for that were over before I got the next game, it was annoying as hell. Now that the tables have turned, I can't keep buying 60 hour games. I still don't want to pay $60 for a six hour game, though...

I still don't want to pay $60 for any game. I'm bitter about the price raise to this day. If next gen games release for $70, I'm going to be even pickier than I am now.

That's kinda what they wanted though, right? I mean, the Galaxy games do well, but it was NSMB that really got people to buy Wiis (who didn't already own them) and pick up another game that wasn't Wii Sports. It just seems so weird that they'd be so reductionist from where they were.

I started playing through Starcraft 2 again to get the achievements, or whatever they call them, but I kept dying and just got frustrated. Also, my computer hardware sucks and Starcraft 2 looks like the first Starcraft from 10 years ago.

I had to look at that date and make sure that was from today!