Banhammer Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Videodrome

Anyone try Splinter Cell: Blacklist yet?

I have enjoyed playing all the previous Splinter Cells and I'm curious about this one. I am a little skeptical about the Blacklist story concept. It actually seems a little weird to me.  People pushed around to much by 'Merica are pushing back.  Isn't that basically what Sam Fisher did in Conviction? 

I am disappointed they scrapped Deniable Ops and brought back Spies Vs. Mercs.  I never really got into that kind of multiplayer game. I'm weird.... I don't like team games that require team work especially with a random team mate.  I only like jumping into big battles on large team.  

Otherwise, I might give it a rental and see how the campaign runs or if some older gadgets make a comeback.  

samfisher.jpg

Oh boy, you should definitely get on Bioshock: Infinite!

I watched Giant Bomb play a bunch of this and it looks like a return to formula. I don't know how much I need a stealth game at the moment, but it seems cool.

I have been very interested in Bioshock 3, but thought I'd wait just to pick it up cheaper.  

It seems that I've heard it compares to Bioshock 1 as far as gameplay goes.  Hopefully, not quite as much of a grind as the second game. 

I have been very interested in Bioshock 3, but thought I'd wait just to pick it up cheaper.  

It seems that I've heard it compares to Bioshock 1 as far as gameplay goes.  Hopefully, not quite as much of a grind as the second game. 

Oh no, BioShock Infinite is hardly a grind at all compared to 2. The combat isn't perfect, but there's enough narrative bits to push you along when it slogs toward the middle/end. Also, the narrative is incredible.

I have black list,

I got it free with my 780,

It is not like the classic splinter cells which I was hoping it would be... I mean classic by the originals up until Chaos theory.. where stealth was crucial and you really couldn't COD with unsilenced weapons or get hit more than once

Basically it is kind of like a Conviction part 2... with the aimbot ability... oops I mean.. "Execute"

There are plenty of cool moves and things you can do, but for some odd reason the character models dont seem "Solid" to me, they feel hollow.

The campaign has options for co-op, such as a dual action tumbler locked door that requires 2 people, however you can always just go around and find another route.

Story.... AH story... remember Sam's Daughter Sarah in Double Agent that died?  .. Well after the first intro mission the first thing you can do is call her.. so apparently they are throwing story out the window.
Lambert is not there and your under the orders of Grimsdaughter and her team of what seem to be since conviction, reverse aging members (I want to punch the tech guy in the face)..

I swear in the next splinter cell game you will be with 19 year olds as your "support team"

The game kinda feels like it was going after the stereotypical COD audience while trying to vaguely keep the interest of past splinter cell fans too buy the game and see if anything has changed. 

You can customize your loadouts and your appearances in the campaign (Because having blue lights on your goggles is cool..).

Maybe I am bias, but when I used to play the splintercell franchise, it was about stealth, diversions and espionage. I couldnt just Aimbot 5 guys and press a button and simultaneously "execute" them with my spidy senses, I had to Aim.. and I didnt have a pocket crossbow that shot sticky shocker silent bolts either.. -_-

And my favorite move, the railing grab + pull over / out of windows (from chaos theory and double agent) apparently cannot be done anymore. (or at least I havent been able to figure it out yet)

I used to play spys vs mercs alot on xbox, but honestly I  havent touched it yet.

===============================================================================================

My two cents after playing some missions...

• I really feel like the character models or something in this splinter cell arent right, they feel very hollow and not solid bodied.
  • The fact that I am wearing a skintight spy suit and have 3 weapons and a ton of gadgets is kind of far-fetched (remember the old days when you WISH you had an extra sticky shocker and dreaded the stalk on a guard?)
  • The ability to 1 hit kill 4 people on the field after I mark them is a dumb feature IMO
  • I liked the original splinter cell because Sam, the support team and everyone seemed experianced and older.. now they all, including characters from the original seem to be getting younger
  • The controls make you want to throw your keyboard out your window
  • Conviction 2.0 .. Cover system.. this isnt an guns-blazing action game.. I thought it was stealth..?
  • Sam's Dead Daughter.. NSA must have zombified her and brought her back
  • Go ahead, go guns blazing with no silencer, you can just "mark" them and execute them if they put on more body armor anyways..
  • Customizing my outfit.. Gotta show off my pink goggles with my hello kitty skin suit.
  • Got shot? Just go wait it out.. health kits are too hard for kids to find these days

/ramble

Basically if you liked the original splinter cells, (Splinter cell,Pandora, Chaos theory, and Double agent)

I wouldnt recommend this, especially if you didnt like Conviction.

If you liked conviction, you can give this a shot.

Related:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/623664

-Seal160

The plot bringing back Sam's Daughter was handled in Conviction.

For what it's worth, I did enjoy Conviction. It seemed balanced between action and stealth. I was not really a fan of the Sonar Goggles though.

I am disappointed Deniable Ops was dropped. Those were like really fun Mini-Campaigns with optional Co-Op. For me, it added immense replay value. I even bought the DLC for extra Deniable Ops missions.

Actually, I've heard there are Co-Op maps. I wonder if those can be played Solo offline and are basically the same thing as Deniable Ops?

So Kelly and I played through a smattering of the co-op missions and I thought they were pretty great. It looked like you could solo them, but there were so many baddies that needed to be taken out that it would be a slog doing so.

Yeah, you can dump them in certain dumpsters as well as hide them in dark areas. I tried to start the first campaign mission as the ghost style, avoid and many people and use non-lethal tactics but that got annoying so now I've settled with the panther style which is kill or leave people alone but just don't get detected by anyone! The story is written out like a movie and the voice acting is great. 

I played the demo of Conviction and didn't like it but this game I'm enjoying. 

I don't remember the older games except for Pandora's multiplayer which was awesome. 

Just a random thought, but I really feel like Splinter Cell's gameplay could be the basis for a Ninja game.

I mean something much more subtle than Ninja Gaiden.  A real ninja assassin game.  I think this would be so badass.

With that, I should say I'm not totally familiar with the Assassin's Creed line, but I don't think those games have something quite like that.  I've only rented a few of them so correct me if I'm wrong. 

But really, in Splinter Cell you can stalk people and do the stealth kills.  Why not remix it and do that as a Ninja running a Katana through them or slicing their head off? 

I mean Red Dead Redemption was "Remixed" into a Zombie game.