Banhammer Forums
Reflexx

Agents of Sheild

I've got the second episode in my queue, but haven't seen it yet.

It feels like a network show. It's way too fast and it has no time to breathe. It's a superhero procedural. I'm not usually into either, but because it's superheroes and because it's Joss Whedon, I'll keep with it a bit.

I actually didn't know what to expect from it, but the charisma-free Ward has been doing nothing for me, Skye is great eye-candy, but so stereotyped that it's not enjoyable and everyone else is just filling roles. Them getting rammed off a hill this episode and being just fine after the break was laughable. The show just felt so processed, like it's the end result of a dozen different committees. I just happened to like this storyline and the de-thawing characters. Like I said, I'll stick with it, but it could go ice cold quick it seems.

I heard of the concept a couple months before the show aired. At first I had very little interest and admittedly I only jumped on it when I realized they were bringing Agent Coulson back. The idea is there but the individual plots and performances feel too typical. There's a lack of heart. Not to say I don't enjoy the show at times, it has good moments. I'll keep watching with the hope that it lives up to it's potential. Perhaps too much hope. But I believe if we stick with it Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. could become much more that what it is. Here's to optimism.