Banhammer Forums
N

Random Thoughts Thread

Got back to house, but if winds change may be evacuated again.

Fire messed up FiOS or something. My phone, internet, and TV are all down. My phone just started getting reception about 2 hrs ago. There was a cell tower that was damaged and had to be fixed.

My block has mountainside on both sides. Both mountains are black. It smells like soot here. And it's "showing" ash.

But no damage. Thank goodness.

It's something to do with being logged into WordPress and then logging out involving Cloudflare caching, something like that. Have you tried an F5 refresh?

Trying to renew my tags online, found out my license was suspended because they say I have no insurance on my car... while they show the insurance on my SUV and my two motorcycles just fine. So I called them to figure out what to do, explained that I'm active duty stationed in Louisiana, and the lady said I'd have to come into the office. I asked her how I'm supposed to drive from my duty station in Louisiana 400 miles to a driver's license office now knowing that my license was suspended (which is an arrestable offense). She said sorry, she didn't know how to help me. She said the reason the license was suspended was that I didn't have a Florida policy. I explained again that I was active duty, and that when I was stationed in North Carolina I had filled out several forms to prove military, mailed them all in with a copy of my military ID and my orders taking me there. I was in NC for 3 years, had a NC policy while I was there, never a FL policy for that entire time. Never had a single problem. So somehow despite the fact that they show and recognize full insurance coverage by a Louisiana policy on my OTHER 3 vehicles, they can't accept what I give them over the phone.

Am I supposed to pay for an airline ticket to get back there? I mean how does this work?

Yep. Finally got in touch with somebody at the state customer service office, she explained that it's not actually that hard to fix. I had to write up a little letter explaining the situation, and fax that, a copy of my orders to Louisiana, and a letter from my insurance company verifying coverage to them. It'll be fixed in a day or two, she told me call back tomorrow morning to make sure they got it and start it processing.

My faith in government workers has been destroyed ever since I joined the Army and saw what the civilians do and how incompetent they are. Either way, at least that one lady knows her shit and can get it fixed for me.

The lady who I originally spoke to (the previous post) at the county office, right before I got off the phone, told me that I could pay the $150-odd fee and have my license reinstated. I asked her what I needed to do to verify insurance coverage for that and she told me that she didn't need it, I could just pay and get my license back. That really irritated me. They suspended my license because of no insurance but if I pay them money they'll just overlook it? How the fuck does that work out?

They suspended my license because of no insurance but if I pay them money they'll just overlook it? How the fuck does that work out?

You're bribing the government to do their jobs. Pretty amazing.

I have no choice but to change my insurance to a LA policy. It's a legal requirement since I'm assigned to this state, I must have a state conforming policy. Their policies are so different from any other state that I have no choice, nothing will transfer over. If I were just passing through on a drive it's a different story but since I live here and work here, even though I retain my FL residency, I'm required to have it.

lol, the worst is actually the Fiesta Pack where they give you six tacos and six bean burritos? Oh man. I had too much, though.

Exercise is going fine, keeping the pace. I actually stepped (ha!) away from my splits and did a walk yesterday, which was 1.18 miles. I'm still figuring out the best way to do these, so, hmmm.