Banhammer Forums

Who smoked/smokes cigarettes?

N

• 1 year later...

Started 5 Years ago when the girl I fancied handed me one at a bar and I just couldn't refuse. Apart from coming away looking very cool that night and sounding like a frog the very next morning, it didn't help that we worked together. So Ciggie breaks drifted into what was the normal routine of life. Two months in, I was a Nicotine/ Tar Chain Smoking Monster. Cut down radically. Still, couldn't go a day without me fags. I'm looking to quit soon.

My biggest downfall, Music - makes me smoke. Also coffee, so much better coupled with a cigarette!

I smoked cigs for 8 years before I quit cold turkey. It's been just over a year without a cig. I have smoked few cigars and pipe since then.

I got into from a friend at a bar. When you are trying out new things like drinking and everyone else is smoking cigarettes you get curious, ask for one and then it goes downhill from their. I remember I would only smoke when I would bum one off people while drinking then realized you could cut out of work for a smoke whenever you'd like so I started smoking regularly.

Also curiously, when I would bum them I remember they were menthol and I didn't like them and when I was buying them myself I bought non-menthol and smoked those for a year. There was buy 1 get 1 free on menthol and being poor I went with them. After those two packs I stuck with menthol and couldn't stand smoking non-menthol regularly.

I do miss a cigarette while enjoying coffee or right after eating.

I started smoking as a young teen, when we would raid our buddy's dad's cartons for packs of Marlboro reds. Back then a pack was under a buck and they'd sell them to a 4 year old at the Circle-K.

After well over 20 years of a 1.5 packs-a-day habit, I found electronic cigarettes when my mom kicked the bucket. I got the call at about 2:30 AM on new years day 2009, saying that she'd had a massive stroke / heart attack and decided I needed to find a better way to not hit people, since just about everyone in my family who has died in the last century has died due to smoking.

3 weeks later I had an electronic and I haven't had a tobacco product since. I feel like a million bucks and I'm not killing myself every time I take a puff...Win-Win!

Thanks, Bercley! It was hard for the first week then all of a sudden I had a massive energy rush and couldn't sleep for more than 5 hours a night and had to be doing something all the time. That lasted for a week then everything went to normal.

Also the pipe tobacco is thicker than rolling tobacco. Like pipe tobacco is thinner than alpha sprouts, where pipe tobacco is as thick as big league chew gum!