Banhammer Forums
thecomputerdude

Turtle Beach

Well, the warranty on my XP7's expired last week. 4 headsets in a one year period, many defects related to poor quality control on the headphones themselves. Turtle Beach makes a great ACU (audio control unit) and have decent tech support (I've spent $100 shipping back broken headsets now). So my latest Sierra/XP7 headset bites the dust, quietly and with no fanfare during a movie:

61ev.jpg

Fortunately since the design of the system is so good, I can ditch the sub-par headsets and find me something quality to plug into the ACU. :)

It surprises me that you have had so many problems.  I have 2 sets of turtle beach headphones (wired and wireless) and have had them for years with no issues at all.

I think it's all in my head. Those high-frequency electronic discharges and all seem to be melting things.

So far all my headsets have lead an easy life, head>desk>head>desk>head...etc. This last headset just quietly folded over on my head, both sides still work but it's resting on the plastic block instead of the cushion.

Now I get to peruse the Crutchfield magazine for whatever headset looks best...most of what I'm liking is in the deep $$$ range though.

I've gone through two of these damn things ranging from 50-80 bucks in the span of a half a year. I decided it wasn't worth shipping them back anymore and have been using a Logitech webcam and a pair of Sony headphones ever since.

It's a great system, don't get me wrong, but their quality control has simply SUCKED. There's nothing like opening a brand-new warranty replacement and finding out that there's no way it could have passed a real QC inspection. (I'm pretty sure there was manufacturing debris lodged behind the right speaker, limiting movement and thereby sound)