Banhammer Forums

My laptop has "Beats Audio"

N

So people are big into the headphones and what have you, but these guys apparently have a software spec that they install on laptops and smartphones. I went into the "Beats Audio Control Panel" and "turned it on", which means "turn on the bass" because the laptop had previously been withholding, obviously. Well, I guess "Beats" is definitely better in this instance.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, it may in fact make me more excited about using my computer knowing it's in there. Like when they would do those crazy holographic stickers depending on which hardware you had. Maybe they still do, but I remember video cards used to come with stickers so you could proudly boast that you had an STB Velocity 128 in your rig along with that 5GB HDD.

Aww yeah.

• 3 months later...

I'm gonna necropost in this thread because, well, it needs it. Since you like bass in a laptop, let me introduce you to the (now ancient) Inspiron XPS 1st Generation. Replete with Intel P4 Extreme Edition, 4GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM, 160GB hard drive, 15" WXGA screen with a 256MB Radeon 9800.

The kicker? A Harman-Kardon 1" on-board dedicated subwoofer mounted in the battery. Jingle your bells yet? =P~

img02001y.jpg

img01991y.jpg

• 1 month later...

I had one of the original Toshiba Qosmio models released as their "multimedia" platform years ago. The main reason I loved it was because it had the subwoofer built into the chassis that I had never seen before...and four speakers at the four corners of the laptop itself.

Here it is: http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/toshiba_qosmio_x305_1.jpg

Those four speakers + the built in sub had absolutely fantastic audio quality in a laptop that was my primary form of entertainment while I was in a 100% out-of-state travel position for some...five years.

I think I remember use selling those at work. I didn't actually sell them, but I'd pass by the display and wonder why the thing had such pronounced speakers in the frame. I can't remember the last device I used that had great speakers, although Kelly's Kindle Fire has some powerful speakers on there. I thought it was crazy.