Banhammer Forums
11Bulletstopper

Couldn't access forums

Don't know what's up with that, but for like a week, every time I opened my browser with a tab already set here, it would give me an "Oops, Chrome can't find that site" error. I know it wasn't that the site was down, because I asked several other ODIN guys in TS about it, they all had connection just fine. What might be causing that? Why would I be able to access any other website, even random ones through google search and stuff, but not this one?

Possibly your ISPs dns servers are slow. Set your router to use googles dns servers. the same thing would happen to me but after i switched no problems. 

Here is a link for the google dns service: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

If you need help with setting up your router, let me know the type and model number of your router and I can find a tutorial for you.

I wasn't having problems until a couple days ago. I stopped using a privatizer for my web traffic and suddenly -bam- no banhammer. I did a tracert and it timed out at springhosting.net. I turn on my privatizer and -bam- banhammer works again.

I have no idea why it decided that it doesn't want to serve me but, it definitely seems like the host is being selective about who to serve.

I wasn't having problems until a couple days ago. I stopped using a privatizer for my web traffic and suddenly -bam- no banhammer. I did a tracert and it timed out at springhosting.net. I turn on my privatizer and -bam- banhammer works again.

I have no idea why it decided that it doesn't want to serve me but, it definitely seems like the host is being selective about who to serve.

Privatizer as in proxy?

I haven't had any issues since my posts above on this one, but I guess it's a good(?) thing that I'm not the only one having them... at least I know it's not something local to me, and the issue might be closer to being figured out.