Banhammer Forums

The top games YOU are WORRIED about.

Orzene

Kotaku isn't great, but when they are... we can then have a discussion.

They asked their staff to talk about what games they feel could completely fall apart at release, given the hype behind them. And they did... but I don't give a FUCK what they think, because Kotaku routinely posts shit I don't care about or think is worth talking about...

INSTEAD:

How about you, dear forumites. What game are you anticipating, and at the same time, very worried about, either because the hype is overbearing, or something about the screenshots/gameplay vids/story/developer commentary has essentially planted the seed of doubt that lingers inside your brain?

I can't say I have many to pick from myself because I really don't have many games I'm looking forward to. But I will post a list, anyway, to be fair --

Dishonored :: I love Viktor Antonov's work. He's a brilliant industrial designer, and the people behind the art direction is great at what they do... game design seems to be solid, but I still have that lingering feeling that it'll fall apart. Also... I really think the character you play as should never remove the mask, opting to keep it ambiguous.. Yeah, you have a daughter, but that's barely established and you could have her calling you something other than "mother" or "father" in any real means of identification so the super-natural assassin motif can set in a little more for the player. That's just my thought.

Doom 4 :: Honestly, I can't say that I would put RAGE very high on a Top-10 list of that year, but experimentation and exploration of different gameplay narratives and designs is a must for company to keep breathing. But if its exactly like Doom 3, well.... You're not impressing me, anyway, and no amount of VR simulation is going to make Doom 3 any better, so I'm being weary for now.

Halo 4 :: You know... I finally get it. I see why people love Master "Chef." He's a -mostly- silent protagonist that can be projected upon, and Cortana is essentially his humanization. And if Halo 3 didn't have her broadcasting insanity into your MIND, I would have probably liked it more than I did... which is why I opted to be the Arbiter whenever I could be in that game. REACH, a prequel that played like Halo 2.0, had some good characters to bounce a personality off of when you were playing as a create-a-character with almost no personality.... Well, now they want to explore Chief's humanity, and as we all know, once you start exploring a character, he is now a character, and not a blank slate to project your fantasies on to.... and really, I'm tired of fighting the zealots known as the Covenant.. They were cool in Halo 1...

Anyway, what do you people think?

• 11 months later...

I couldn't be less excited about Halo 4. I've done four of the past five and I'm done. I'll still buy the new one, of course, but they have to show me something really new at this point.

I'm a little worried about XCOM: Enemy Unknown and its sister game, the first-person shooter, but I've written on that.

I'm just kinda glad no one's really doing anything with franchises I love at the moment.

1)Dishonored - has a lot of potential but also a lot of room to fail.

2)Dust 514 - looks like it could be an epic game, but I'm worried about it being to convoluted like EVE online happens to be.

3) Pokemon Black and White 2-I'm glad they are doing a sequel, and not something new without doing something awesome for the 3DS, but I know this is going to just be a slight upgrade of the same old crap.

4) DayZ console version - I don't want them to make it too simple or to crazy hard to pick up. I love how it is concept of it. Never played, I need a computer that could handle it. I kind of hope it gets a nice graphics update too.