Banhammer Forums

Weird Movie Night - The List

CSquared1972

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any movie you deem worthy to inflict on another human being for any reason (even if it's just to fuck with them).

My kid and I were hanging out last week and the trailer for The Thing came on. She said she wanted to see it and I asked her if she'd seen John Carpenter's The Thing. She said no, so I tracked it down and made her watch it right then.

Another example: "You haven't seen Jacob's Ladder? Go use the bathroom while I find the DVD, you're in for a treat."

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer was one I was made to watch while not in my right mind, but it was a fun ride.

Even if it's Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter or The Crippled Masters...throw it in.

It's not a contest, just a reminder that some of this stuff is/was out there. I had forgotten that The Forbidden Zone existed until Videodrome put it out there, now I'm going to go out of my way to find it and watch it again. I think my sister has a copy of it.

Well there is also the movie Videodrome of course. One of my favorites. Very Cyberpunk for it's time. Really good camera and lighting work and backed by a great film score by Howard Shore.

It also precedes The Ring and is said to be a major inspiration for the makers of Ringu.

But be sure to watch the Criterion copy it looks so much better.

<a  href=http://criterion-production.s3.amazonaws.com/release_images/1415/248_box_348x490.jpg' alt='248_box_348x490.jpg'>

Time Bandits is pretty crazy.

As is 'Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas' on first approach.

I took a carload of people to see "Fear and Loathing"...as I was the only person able to drive.

Talk about a bunch of people losing their shit during that bar scene...hilarious!

The only thing better than that was my brother and a friend when they saw Dusk 'Til Dawn. They had loaded up on halucinogens and didn't know that it was going to be a vampire movie. They almost got kicked out of the theater.