Banhammer Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Attendance and membership

Hey guys. Just want to clear the air on a couple of things and let people know how we are handling membership and attendance in Sons of Odin.

First off, attendance in any one game is NEVER mandatory. Hell, attendance in ANY game is never mandatory. Sure, we'd love to have people who we can rely on to be online and kicking ass all the time but we realize that's not realistic.

As most of you know by now, we are going to be expanding dramatically over the next few months and will be bringing in TONS of new members, adding current members to other games, etc...

What I want everyone to be aware of is that we DO NOT have an attendace requirement. If you join Sons of Odin and play with us for a while, then real life or burnout or broken computer or spouse aggro or car trouble or ingrown toenail or medical issues or a 2 year long fart force you step away, you're STILL a member of Sons of Odin.

You will ALWAYS be a member of Sons of Odin unless you voluntarily quit the team or are removed for a violation of the CoC.

Please don't feel it is necessary to resign or withdraw because you will not be able to be around for a while. You never know when a hot new title will pop up that you are going to want to play, and if we're there, YOU'RE IN!

As far as we are concerned, SoO is a family made up of like-minded gamers who want to be a part of the community we're building. Just because you can't be around for a while doesn't mean you're no longer a part of that community, it just means you're on a break. If you know you're going to be gone for a while, just drop us a line and we'll put you on "inactive reserve" status in whatever game you've been playing. When you're ready to come back, we have a spot for you! You may need to start out a little lower than when you left off, depending on how long you've been gone and what changes have occurred but you'll still have a place in our halls and a seat at our table.

Thanks!

Just a clarification - If you are active and playing with the clan in any of the games, the requirement to check the forums is still in effect. We want everyone checking in on a regular basis so they are at least aware of what is going on with the team.

If you are on inactive reserve status, that requirement is NOT in effect but wil go into effect again once you return to active status.

Thanks to compdude for asking for the clarification on that.

Hey Guys sorry for my absence over the past few weeks been extra busy with Work and Finishing up my thesis for graduating in June. I am very appreciative of how understanding everyone is in the outfit. I can not wait til i am complete school so i can have my life back. The good news I plan on spending a few hours tonight in game to frag a few TR and VS

Alright, I am having major major internet issues atm and have not had access to the internet very much lately but this Tuesday it is supposed to be getting fixed, if this happens then I should be back to play a lot.

Yeah I'm about to be pretty scarce around here. Like I said, just got a job at the Northern Warfare Training Center and I will be splitting time between my cabin where I have internet and down at Black Rapids Training Site where there is no internet (nor time to play on the internet). I have no intention of leaving the outfit and will still pop in when I can.