Banhammer Forums

Dear Disney, Please Don’t Run Star Wars Into The Ground

• 1 year later...

While I would have been happier if another production company, any other production company, picked up the franchise I will still be happy to immerse myself in the Star Wars universe two hours at a time. Especially since Lucas is no longer directing. (Sorry George you have vision but when you let Samuel f'n Jackson look like an amateur hack you should know that it is time to step away from the director's chair. Not to mention Jar Jar, Young Anakin, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson, etc... ). I forgot the blue organ playing elephant, egad!

As long as they keep the movies character driven with good direction the rest will take care of itself. Something that Irvin Kershner new well and that is why Empire Strikes Back is one of the best SciFi films in movie history. (This is according to the highest authority in SciFi - me).

I have no doubt these could be quality entries, but the sheer number of them could overwhelm, kinda like Trek films did in the eighties and nineties. Eventually there are so many that they become a joke and their odds of really making their money back dilutes.