Banhammer Forums

ROBOCOP round 2

Videodrome

I wish very badly something similar to the TRON: Legacy plot could have work here instead of a complete remake.  While TRON kept Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn, I think a ROBOCOP: Legacy movie could have kept Peter Weller as Alex Murphy.

This does not mean I think Peter Weller is up for the full cyborg costume action role again anymore that Bridges was back for Light Cycle battles.  Only that Alex Murphy could play a role when the next generation Robocop emerges.  I mean hell, Murphy might have left the Cyborg body behind for the internet like they did a few times in the spinoff comics.

But.... this is what we have and I'll wait for reviews to see if I should even consider seeing this. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INmtQXUXez8

I've been waiting for a remake of this, knew it was coming, hope it doesn't disappoint. Of course Samuel L is in it. And I agree hopefully Peter Weller plays some kind of presence, like a conscience presence at least and not just a cameo which I'm betting is what will happen. A lot of potential in this, potential in both directions. Personally I'm excited.